The Geography curriculum at Aylward Primary has been designed with our children’s needs in mind. We focus on equipping our children with geographical skills for life. Pupils leave Aylward with a sense of self within the world and understand how the environment around us is linked to other parts of the world.
By the end of their time at Aylward, pupils will:
- comment on similarities and differences of our world through the study of human and physical geography;
- know and talk about geographical phenomena including volcanoes and earthquakes;
- use maps, atlases, globes at digital media to explore the world around us;
- participate in a variety of fieldwork activities to observe and talk about the world u;s
- have a curiosity and fascination with the world around them.