Headlines from our School Improvement Plan
Each year we review how the school is performing.This helps us to decide how we can further develop our school and enable our children to be the best they can be. We analyse our latest results, as well as information from our annual pupil, staff and parent questionnaires. We also listen to educational advisers who visit our school. Below is a summary of our current priorities:
- Further develop children’s vocabulary across the whole curriculum.
- Improve children’s reading comprehension skills, particularly in Key Stage 1 and Lower KS2.
- Improve fluency and retrieval skills for children who are deemed to be in the bottom 20% of readers for their year group.
- Improve children’s writing skills, so that they are more successful in writing at length.
- Further develop the staff’s depth of subject knowledge, throughout the curriculum
- Improve children’s mathematical fluency skills so that they can be applied efficiently to tackle reasoning problems.
- Improve children’s physical fitness and health awareness.
- Improve children’s mapping and fieldwork skills in Geography.
- Develop our newly appointed subject leaders.
- Successfully supporting Early Career Teachers throughout their induction.
Further develop our outside environment by constructing an additional outdoor shelter to be used as a classroom space.